This author participates in the Readers' Favorite Free Book Program, which is open to all readers and is completely free. The author will provide you with a free copy of their book in exchange for an honest review. You and the author will discuss what sites you will post your review to and what kind of copy of the book you would like to receive (eBook, PDF, Word, paperback, etc.). To begin, click the purple email icon to send this author a private email.
This author participates in the Readers' Favorite Book Review Exchange Program, which is open to all authors and is completely free. Simply put, you agree to provide an honest review an author's book in exchange for the author doing the same for you. What sites your reviews are posted on (B&N, Amazon, etc.) and whether you send digital (eBook, PDF, Word, etc.) or hard copies of your books to each other for review is up to you. To begin, click the purple email icon to send this author a private email, and be sure to describe your book or include a link to your Readers' Favorite review page or Amazon page.
This author participates in the Readers' Favorite Book Donation Program, which was created to help nonprofit and charitable organizations (schools, libraries, convalescent homes, soldier donation programs, etc.) by providing them with free books and to help authors garner more exposure for their work. This author is willing to donate free copies of their book in exchange for reviews (if circumstances allow) and the knowledge that their book is being read and enjoyed. To begin, click the purple email icon to send this author a private email. Be sure to tell the author who you are, what organization you are with, how many books you need, how they will be used, and the number of reviews, if any, you would be able to provide.
Reviewed by Frank Mutuma for Readers' Favorite
Creation is for the spiritually fallen. And those who have fallen need help from others. How does the Bible work? Is the interpretation of various institutions and people infallible? The Calling by Mark Walton explores not only various issues affecting the church today, such as same-sex marriage and the thorny issue of church unity but also thought-provoking ideas on scripture interpretation and the errors resulting from translations over the centuries. The disunity among conservatives and progressives on various issues can find common ground for improving Christian living. Only 31 percent of the world's population are Christians. Can God, being all-loving, condemn the other 69 percent of the people to the fires of hell? This book is an eye-opener!
Readers should approach this book with an open mind. One of the greatest strengths of The Calling by Mark Walton is that it's based on deep insights from the author's personal experiences and the unique perspective it presents on spiritual life. The humility and tolerance espoused by the book are of great importance, especially in today's world, where there is so much extremism. As Mark rightly notes, Christ was in the form of God, walked among us in humility, and always submitted to the will of God the Father. I also love the tone Mark uses to share his experiences. It instantly creates intimacy with the reader, setting a mood for reflection and a spiritual journey.